Boymoding

 
















Boymoding is weird, kind of like being on the cusp of detransition at least for me. Today I woke up and I had fallen asleep in my clothes from last night being a skirt, cute top and stockings except i felt like shit because i haven’t had a proper break in weeks and weeks and maybe this is just me but in the mornings when i feel like shit I dont want to do anything or present myself really, and sometimes when you’re tired as shit and you’re a trans woman and you dont really have the emotional strength to subject yourself to the judgement of grandmas and 40 year old women who probably aren’t even judging you in the first place. So you say fuck it and you put on a tank top and the sweater that somehow completely erases your boobs and waist while somehow still giving you a definable shape but you also realize oh fuck my nails and you wonder even if not for that could you even come off as a real man or just some weird repressed androgynous twink. Ultimately Boymoding is comforting and safe but you also get to sort of delude yourself into a state where everything you normally hate about yourself is actually not so bad because in this pretend-freaky-Friday reality where you’re a guy for a day you’re tall and handsome and everything great that you normally ignore because you hate it actually. To pretend like Boymoding isn’t objectively easier is just wrong, it is, but it doesnt make you feel good. It’s like being sick and sometimes you need that break from the strain of being everyday even though it does technically feel worse. To each their own but I have fun playing around with my gender sometimes rather than always subjecting myself to the scrupulous eyes of womanhood.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being alone and learning to be ok with it

Queer appropriation

What the gothic (and punk) aesthetic and identity means to me